Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I don't care if I ever get back...

...I decided this morning that I'm going to a Mets game tonight ($5 for the upper deck, but the threat of rain pretty much guarantees a seat upgrade after the first couple innings). Then I read about Anna Benson writing a book on Galley Cat, which I'm sure will be every bit as entertaining as David Wells' (auto?)biography. Only thing is, I thought her husband Kris Benson made his name as a pitcher for the Pirates. Certainly didn't do much for the Mets. Go figure.

P.S. If you ever wanted to see what David Wells looks like naked from behind, chasing a herd of sheep, that alone is worth the price of admission. If not, sorry for the image I just put into your head. Wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Benson's book had a similar spread.

P.P.S. In the spring of 2007, Overlook will be publishing a book on the history of the poem "Casey at the Bat," which should prove to be family friendly, and, dare I say it...interesting.

--John Mark

No comments: