Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gift Books for the Holidays: I AM BLIND AND MY DOG IS DEAD

Finally back in print in its original form after 30 years, Sam Gross’s I Am Blind and My Dog Is Dead is now available in a new hardcover edition, introducing a new generation of readers to his unforgettable and original brand of dark humor, little match girls, confused pets, bewildered children and blind men. A long-time contributor to The New Yorker, Sam, a legendary pioneer of bad taste, has become one of America’s best-loved cartoonists and inspired many to take up the art, including John Callahan.
Whether it is already an old favorite or a new discovery, this book will delight readers and have them laughing for a long time to come. Have yourself a twisted little Christmas!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

This sounds like a great book. I am definately going to have to get it.
One great book that I think you may find of interest called Fables From The Mudd by Erik Quisling. His book is about taking life too seriously, bedtime stories for adults. He also has an unforgettable brand of dark humor. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Let me know what you think. I think you'll really like it.